Notre Dame Federal Credit Union Awards 30 Student Scholarships
Posted on Jul 27, 2021
NOTRE DAME, IN – July 27, 2021 –Notre Dame Federal Credit Union (Notre Dame FCU) awarded thirty scholarships for the 2021-2022 academic school year. Each student will receive $1,500 and consideration for a 2022 summer internship within the credit union.
Graduating High School Recipients:
- Jayden Bell will attend the University of Notre Dame, majoring in Finance.
- Tyler Bertone will attend Indiana Wesleyan University, majoring in Biology.
- Andrew J. Berzai will attend Valparaiso University, majoring in Exercise Science.
- Jacquelyn Butler will attend Indiana University, majoring in Law & Public Policy.
- Dorothy M. Crumlish will attend the University of Notre Dame, majoring in Mechanical Engineering.
- Lawrence Daher will attend Purdue University, majoring in Actuarial Science.
- Keenan Donze will attend Butler University, majoring in Healthcare & Business.
- Leah Eaton will attend Michigan Technological University, majoring in Electrical Engineering.
- Allison Gordon will attend Indiana University–Purdue University Indianapolis, majoring in Forensic & Investigative Sciences.
- Olesya Indeikina will attend California Polytechnic State University, majoring in Architecture.
- Jalynn Lee will attend Indiana University–Purdue University Indianapolis, majoring in Nursing.
- Jonathan Liu will attend Columbia University, majoring in Computer Science.
- John Marino will attend Ball State University, majoring in Telecommunications.
- Bianca V. Mercado will attend the University of Notre Dame, majoring in Neuroscience.
- Regina Murphy will attend Butler University, double majoring in Art & Design and Dance Performance.
Current College Student Recipients:
- Bernal Cortés is attending Williams College, majoring in Political Science.
- Peter M. DeLee is attending Indiana University–Purdue University Indianapolis, double majoring in Finance and Accounting.
- Bailey Green is attending Grand Valley State University, double majoring in Secondary Education and Biology.
- David Liu is attending the University of Notre Dame, majoring in Computer Science.
- Hannah Leigh Mihut is attending Bethel University, majoring in Philosophy & English-Writing.
- Jack Murphy is attending the University of Notre Dame, majoring in Economics.
- Ava Padgett is attending the University of Michigan, majoring in Obstetrics Nursing.
- Adrianna Pickens is attending Ball State University, majoring in Speech Language Pathology.
- Lydia Potter is attending Indiana University, majoring in Arts Management.
- Elizabeth Rangel Fernandez is attending the University of Notre Dame, majoring in Political Science & Economics.
- Caleb Rodriguez is attending the University of Indianapolis, majoring in Sports Management.
- Zoë Shepherd is attending St. Mary’s College, double majoring in Social Work and Spanish.
- Kathleen Soller is attending St. Mary’s College, majoring in Nursing.
- McKenna Lynn Yankel is attending Indiana University, majoring in Fashion Design & Apparel Merchandising.
- Meg Yerrington is attending Trine University, majoring in Chemical Engineering.
Reba Hayes, Committee Chair and Executive Administrative Assistant to the CEO, stated, “There continues to be an evident spirit of gratitude amongst the scholarship winners. The need for student scholarships is growing and I am overjoyed the credit union was able to once again increase the number of scholarships given to help meet that need.”
The scholarship committee, made up of Notre Dame FCU partners (employees) and members of its Board of Directors, selected winning candidates who demonstrated a well-rounded portfolio of academics, financial need, community involvement, leadership and participation in academic activities.
Notre Dame FCU’s President and CEO, Tom Gryp, added, “A large part of the Notre Dame FCU mission is to empower families through educational scholarships. We’ve awarded more than 150 scholarships over the last several years. Students come and go but my hope each year remains the same—that each recipient will use their award wisely to not only improve their own lives but to pay it forward to others as well.”
About Notre Dame FCU
Notre Dame Federal Credit Union (Notre Dame FCU) is a not-for-profit financial cooperative. With assets exceeding $800 million and more than 60,000 members worldwide, Notre Dame FCU’s dedicated partners (employees), coupled with a wide array of financial services, provide members a personalized experience through the credit union’s nine convenient branch locations, its virtual branch (Shamrock Center), and through its robust online banking platform and mobile apps. Founded in 1941, Notre Dame FCU has grown from its origins in the Administration Building at the University of Notre Dame, and today serves over 900 affiliated groups. Notre Dame FCU is independent of the University. Visit us at www.NotreDameFCU.com. Insured by NCUA.