NOTRE DAME, IN – Notre Dame Federal Credit Union (Notre Dame FCU) is celebrating 75 years of continued growth and service to its members and the community with a series of member appreciation events.
Each event will be held at one of the Notre Dame FCU branches in St. Joseph County. The events will feature free hot dogs from South Bend’s Waka Dog and ice cream from the Notre Dame FCU “Sweet Treats” bike for members.
Notre Dame FCU began on a sunny afternoon in May of 1941, during the course of a conversation at a small tavern off Notre Dame Avenue. From its humble beginnings operating out of the night watchman’s office in the Main Building on the campus of the University of Notre Dame, the area credit union grew into a national financial institution serving over 52,000 members in all 50 states and throughout the world.
Notre Dame FCU President and CEO Tom Gryp said, “Everything we do at Notre Dame Federal Credit Union is for our members. We are committed to their financial empowerment and these events are just a small token of our appreciation for their trust in us.”
Events are scheduled for the following dates and times:
- Aug. 5, 11 a.m.-7 p.m. – Downtown Branch, 210 S. Michigan Street, South Bend, Ind. Hot dogs limited to 11 a.m.-2 p.m. and 5 p.m.-7 p.m.
- Aug. 12, 11 a.m. -2 p.m. – Western Branch, 4401 Western Ave., South Bend, Ind.
- Aug. 26, 11 a.m. -2 p.m. – Ireland Branch, 2102 East Ireland Road, South Bend, Ind.
- Sept. 2, 11 a.m. -2 p.m. – Edison Branch, 111 West Edison Road, Mishawaka, Ind.
- Sept. 9, 11 a.m. -2 p.m. – Portage Branch, 3457 Portage Road, South Bend, Ind.
- Sept. 16, 11 a.m. -2 p.m. – Granger Branch, 14535 State Road 23, Granger, Ind.
- Sept. 23, 11 a.m. -2 p.m. – Moreau Branch, 1828 Moreau Drive, Notre Dame, Ind.
For more information, visit NotreDameFCU.com/75.
About Notre Dame FCU
Notre Dame Federal Credit Union is a not-for-profit financial cooperative. With assets in excess of $470 million and over 52,000 members worldwide, Notre Dame FCU’s dedicated partners (employees), coupled with a wide array of financial services, provide members a personalized experience through the credit union’s nine convenient branch locations, its virtual branch (Shamrock Center), and through its robust online banking platform and mobile apps.