NOTRE DAME, IN – May 26, 2022 – Notre Dame Federal Credit Union (Notre Dame FCU) awarded 25 scholarships to area students for the 2022-2023 academic school year. Each student will receive $1,500 plus the opportunity for a 2023 summer internship at the credit union.
From left to right, Front Row: Sarah Stachowski, Jordyn Bobos, Riley Morris, Mya Smith Davis, Molly Oates, Madisyn Renbarger Back Row: Henry lee, Tamara Palmer, Michael Compton, Rachel Yuan, Atticus Horvath, Elizabeth Fernandez, Samuel Villagra-Stanton, Nicole Mitchell, Jayden Bell, Regina Murphy, Ikuri Narasaki.
Graduating High School Recipients:
· Andrew McClain will attend Purdue University, majoring in Computer Science.
· Atticus Horvath will attend Purdue University, majoring in Biology.
· Henry Lee will attend the University of Notre Dame, majoring in Engineering.
· Ikuri Narasaki will attend Purdue University, majoring in Pharmaceutical Science.
· Madisyn Renbarger will attend Indiana University Bloomington, majoring in Journalism.
· Michael Compton will attend Purdue University, major to be determined.
· Molly Oates will attend Indiana University, majoring in Cellular Biology.
· Mya Smith Davis will attend IUPUI – Indianapolis, majoring in Dentistry.
· Rachel Yuan will attend Kelly School of Business, majoring in Accounting.
· Riley Morris will attend Bethel University, majoring in Psychology.
· Sarah Stachowski will attend Ivy Tech, majoring in Nursing.
· Tamara Palmer will attend the University of Southern Indiana, majoring in Nursing.
· Vincent Anderson will attend DePaul University, majoring in Film and Television.
Current College Student Recipients:
· Allison Gordon attends IUPUI – Indianapolis, majoring in Forensic Science and Biology.
· Elizabeth Fernandez attends the University of Notre Dame, majoring in Political Science and Economics.
· Jayden Bell attends the University of Notre Dame, majoring in Applied Finance and Computational Mathematics and Statistics.
· John Cornelius attends Xavier University, majoring in Finance and Business Management.
· Jonah Madden attends Estrella Mountain Community College, majoring in Business Administration.
· Jordyn Bobos attends Taylor University, majoring in Orphans and Vulnerable Children.
· Katelyn Wendt attends the University of Notre Dame, majoring in Biochemistry.
· Nicole Mitchell attends Butler University, majoring in Communication Sciences and Disorders.
· Noah Gagnon attends the University of Notre Dame, majoring in Aerospace Engineering.
· Regina Murphy attends the University of Cincinnati, majoring in Communications.
· Samuel Villagra-Stanton attends DePaul University, majoring in Film and Television Production.
· Yasmeen Aguayo attends IUPUI, majoring in Social Work.
Reba Hayes, Committee Chair and Executive Administrative Assistant to the CEO, stated, “The selection committee and I were impressed with the video and essay submissions from this year’s scholarship applicants. We got a glimpse of the desire these young students have to make a difference in the world and their own communities. They are lively and kind—inspiring a bright future.”
The scholarship committee, comprised of Notre Dame FCU partners (employees) and members of its Board of Directors, chose these students based on their academic achievement, financial need, community involvement, academic activities, and leadership.
Notre Dame FCU’s President and CEO, Tom Gryp, added, “Core to our mission is our devotion to empowering families through educational scholarships. Notre Dame FCU has awarded more than 175 student scholarships over the last several years. This year, due to the incredible loyalty and support of our members, we were able to extend 25 scholarships to an extremely talented group of young men and women.”
About Notre Dame FCU
Notre Dame Federal Credit Union (Notre Dame FCU) is a not-for-profit financial cooperative. With assets exceeding $900 million and more than 60,000 members worldwide, Notre Dame FCU’s dedicated partners (employees), coupled with a wide array of financial services, provide members a personalized experience through the credit union’s nine convenient branch locations, its virtual branch (Shamrock Center), and through its robust online banking platform and mobile apps. Founded in 1941, Notre Dame FCU has grown from its origins in the Administration Building at the University of Notre Dame, and today serves over 900 affiliated groups. Notre Dame FCU is independent of the University. Visit us at www.NotreDameFCU.com. Insured by NCUA.