While the Fighting Irish battle the Trojans on the field, Notre Dame Federal Credit Union will go head-to-head with the USC Credit Union in a battle for charity! Both credit unions will put $5,000 on the line and select a charitable organization. The winner of the Notre Dame vs. USC matchup on November 26 will determine which organization receives a check for $10,000!
If the Fighting Irish can knock off the Trojans in Southern California, Notre Dame FCU will be supporting Project Impact – a South Bend-based charity providing training, counseling, and education services in the areas of personal growth, health, and economic development for the entire family through direct programming and selective collaboration. Project Impact is happy to help all families with a focus on low-income and underserved communities.
Project Impact provides services and education in areas such as:
- Marriage/parenting coaching and counseling
- Teaching the value and benefits of abstinence
- Educating the community on access to healthcare services
- Developing stable patterns of employment for rehabilitated criminal offenders
- Providing the basic necessities to create professional opportunities (internet access, computer, financial literacy training, transportation, etc.)
There are currently over 350 members of Project Impact with more than 3,000 community connections, helping develop strong families and building strong relationships throughout Michiana.