In the spirit of giving, we are flashing back to the 2023 Charity Challenge, which pitted Notre Dame FCU against USC Credit Union during the annual football game between the Notre Dame Fighting Irish and the USC Trojans. As part of the Charity Challenge, each credit union posted $5,000 to go to the winning credit union’s charity of choice.
The October 14 battle took place under the lights at Notre Dame Stadium in South Bend, where the Fighting Irish jumped out to a 24-3 lead and never looked back. Notre Dame ultimately won by a score of 48-20, securing a victory in the Charity Challenge and allowing us to send a $10,000 donation to Project Impact, a South Bend-based charity providing training, counseling, and education services in the areas of personal growth, health, and economic development for the entire family through direct programming and selective collaboration.
Project Impact assists families throughout Michiana, focusing on low-income and underserved communities, while providing services and education in areas such as:
– Marriage/parenting coaching and counseling
– Teaching the value and benefits of abstinence
– Educating the community on access to healthcare services
– Developing stable patterns of employment for rehabilitated criminal offenders
– Providing the basic necessities to create professional opportunities (internet access, computer, financial literacy training, transportation, etc.)
There are currently over 350 members of Project Impact with more than 3,000 community connections, helping develop strong families and building strong relationships throughout Michiana.
Notre Dame FCU would like to thank USC Credit Union for helping coordinate the Charity Challenge and teaming up to make a difference in our communities. We can’t wait to see what next year has in store!